The following information is provided to assist you in preparing your child for camp. Please feel free to contact camp for any questions you have at any time.
- Tuition Payments
- Health Forms
- Arrival Information
- Departure Information
- Packing List
- Camper mail
- Camp Rules/Policies
- Visits and Telephone Calls
- Trading Post
- Bunk Assignments
CampInTouch is your online account that enables us to share information with each other. If you enrolled your child online through our website, you have already been introduced to CampInTouch and have an account set up with CampInTouch. Click on the following link to login: https://rimrock.campintouch.com/v2/login.aspx or click on the CampInTouch Quick Link on our website, www.camprimrock.com. Your login address is the email address you originally enrolled or used to contact Camp.
We want you to feel comfortable navigating CampInTouch, so we are outlining the features below:
- Forms Dashboard – Home to all Camp Forms and Documents. Some forms are required while others provide important information.
The following paper forms are required. Upload completed forms or fax them WITHOUT A COVER SHEET to 1-888-256-6989 by the date specified. The forms are barcoded with your daughter’s name ensuring they will be assigned to your daughter’s account.
- Parent Authorization: A form you print and complete by providing a copy of your insurance card, signing the bottom authorizing us to give care to your child.
- Physician’s Authorization: A form you print and have your child’s Physician complete and sign. Either you or your Physician can fax the form.
- Immunization Form: A form you print and have your child’s Physician’s office complete. If your Physician’s office provides you with your child’s current immunization information on their form, you may use our form as a cover sheet.
The following online forms/photos are required. Submit the forms/photo online by the specified date.
- Health History – An online form you fill out online regarding your child’s health history. This is the area you would enter your child’s medications.
- Transportation – Please complete the Transportation Form at least 4 weeks prior to your daughter’s arrival.
- Bunk Requests – We make every effort to accommodate bunk requests. Please complete with one or two friends your daughter would like to share a cabin with. If your daughter does not have a specific request, please enter None.
- Camper Photo – Please upload a current photo of your daughter.
- Verification Form – This form will be available to you a week prior to arriving at Camp. It will summarize your daughter’s information to ensure accuracy of her grade, mode of transportation and medical information prior to arriving at Camp. This form can only be completed once the Health forms and Transportion form have been submitted, so it is imperative that the Health and Transportation forms are submitted on time.
Additionally, there are documents providing you with useful information such as the Packing Lists and 2014 Parent Information.
- Your Camper – Your camper’s application and information are stored here, allowing you to review and update the information on file for your daughter.
- Your Family – Your family’s contact information is stored here, allowing you to review and update your contact information as well as providing emergency contact information.
- Financial Management – Review and update your financial information for tuition and other payments to camp. You can view your financial statement and make payments by credit card or electronic check.
- View Accounts – Your daughter has an allowance at our Trading Post (Camp Store). Review her transactions and fund accounts here.
- Your Account – Change your e-mail address or password. Access to your CampInTouch account with your email address.
- Online Community/Summer Services – You will be able to view photos and videos, send one-way emails and catch up on the news at Camp. Additional information for this feature will be provided at registration upon arrival to Camp.
TUITION PAYMENTS – A deposit of $500 per session is required with enrollment. The deposit is applied to the total tuition.
- There are no refunds after April 1.
- We accept payment by all major credit cards, electronic check or by check.
DISCOUNTS – A 5% sibling discount can be applied for additional children in the immediate family.
HEALTH FORMS – Each camper is required to have a physical examination within 12 months prior to her arrival at Camp. Please see information to complete Health Forms in CampInTouch section above.
All medication is kept in our infirmary. All medication must be in the original container with instructions on the container and will be dispensed according to the physician’s orders.
Please do not bring homeopathic medication or vitamins. Please complete the Medication section on the Health History Form.
ARRIVAL INFORMATION – Campers arrive on Sunday generally between 10:30am and 1:00 pm. Arrival information emails are sent several days prior to your daughter’s Opening Day. Therefore, it is important that we have an email address for each camper’s family.
If you are not bringing your daughter to camp, please notify us so that we may have you complete any additional required forms.
DEPARTURE INFORMATION – Departure is on Saturday generally between 10:00 am and 12 noon. If you have arranged for another family to bring your daughter home from camp, please complete the Parents Permission Form and fax to our office before your daughter’s departure.
TRANSPORTATION – If your daughter will be traveling alone to or from Camp by air, please complete the online Camper Travel Form as soon as possible and NO LATER than 4 weeks prior to her arrival. Please be sure to book your child as an unaccompanied minor allowing Camp personnel to escort your child through security at the airport. Camp provides transportation to and from Washington Dulles International Airport or Reagan National Airport accompanied by a camp counselor and a camp driver. There is a fee for this service. International campers may arrive one day early on Saturday. Arrival times should be between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm. Departure times should be between 12:00 noon and 5:00 pm. There will be a stipend for arrivals and departures outside this time frame.
PACKING LIST – Camper packing lists are available on the Forms page of CampInTouch. There is a packing list for General Camp, Riding Camp, and Mini Camp. The packing list is appropriate for any length of stay. We provide laundry service once per two week session. Please use a footlocker no higher than 14”. Footlocker.com has an excellent selection of camp appropriate trunks.
RIDING ATTIRE - All campers attending General Camp and Riding Camp must bring their own riding helmet and riding shoes. The riding hat must fit well and bear the seal of the Safety Equipment Institute ASTM-SEI. It is best to have the helmet fitted at a local equestrian shop. If you don’t have a local shop, you can call Dover Saddlery, phone 302-234-8047 and ask for Colleen, website: www.doversaddlery.com. The shoes should be designed for horseback riding and can either be boots or tie shoes with a defined heel. The heel should be no higher than one inch. Sneakers and hiking boots are not acceptable for riding. Campers may ride in jeans or any long pants. Tank tops are not permitted for riding-a shirt that covers the shoulders must be worn.
CAMPER MAIL– Send all mail (USPS, FedEx and UPS) to: Camp Rim Rock, 343 Camp Rim Rock Road, Yellow Spring, WV 26865. You will be told your daughter’s unit on Opening Day. Include her full name and unit on all mail you send.
Emails: Emails can be sent through CampInTouch. We do not accept camper emails to our office email account. Campers do not have the ability to send emails.
Packages cannot contain FOOD. If you send a package, please make it small in size and limit it to one package per session.
Please help us by alerting relatives and friends of our no food policy.
CAMP RULES/POLICIES – We have a no cell phone and tablet policy. While we understand that electronics are a large part of our everyday lives, we would love to keep Camp electronics free. Please bring real books as opposed to Kindles. We will allow the girls to use iPods for music only, although there is plenty of music playing through Camp throughout the day. We discourage you from bringing valuable personal items to camp. Camp is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. No PETS of any kind are allowed at camp at any time, including Opening and Closing Days. Camp Rim Rock is a drug free, smoke free and alcohol free camp.
VISITS AND TELEPHONE CALLS – Visits are usually a problem both for your daughter and her cabin mates. We do not have a visiting day. Phone calls get in the way of your daughter’s adjustment to camp. If you need to find out how your daughter is adjusting, call the office at 347-RIM-ROCK, and we will arrange a convenient time for a director to return your call.
TRADING POST – Each camper has an account in the Trading Post (camp store). This allowance is billed with the tuition. A $30 allowance is billed for a 1 week session and $60 2 week sessions or longer. Campers visit the camp store twice weekly. Parents have an opportunity to visit the camp store with their daughters on Opening and Closing Days. Items available are toiletries, stamps/stationery, batteries, snacks, small souvenirs and camp clothing. Any remaining balance is refunded after the end of the camp season.
BUNK ASSIGNMENTS – If your daughter has one or two friends of the same age and grade with whom she would like to have as bunk mates, we will gladly consider your requests, although we can make no definite commitments.
We will do our best to see that your daughter has a happy and memorable summer!